Saturday, April 01, 2017

Selling 2017 WSOP action II

Some of you have asked why I am selling such a high percentage of myself, and why the insanely high markup?

These are legitimate questions and deserve an honest reply.

If, for example, I were to only play the $10,000 Main Event, owing to the 65% markup, I would be selling 97% of myself for $16,005, rather than $9,700. Now it's common knowledge that I don't have $30 to my name, let alone the $300 necessary for my 3%, so the high markup not only allows me to buy in to the tournament, but to also pocket a tidy risk-free profit regardless of the outcome of the event.

The more observant among you will immediately ask what incentive would I then have to play well? Or to even show up? The answer is that even a tramp such as myself dreams of making the Main Event final table.

Late Edit : I have just been contacted by a wealthy Nigerian investor who has agreed to stake me in as many events as I like, under the aforementioned terms. I therefore am no longer accepting any more offers and thank you all for the interest.

2 comments:

lightning36 said...

Too bad. I know a guy with a nice sockroll who might have bought some of your action ... u see.

Memphis MOJO said...

Whaaa? I have some money and was looking for a quick score.