Saturday, February 18, 2017

Happy Birthday

Today's my birthday and the boys at the shelter surprised me when I was presented with a fat envelope during our lunchtime meal. I was visibly moved and, after thanking everyone in an emotional speech, opened the contents and counted out $47 in $1 bills.

The gift is a welcome boost to my bankroll, which now stands at $47.63. My plan now is to vigorously grind the $2/$4 limit game at the Flamingo till I build it up to $120, at which time I'll have 3 min-buyins for Luxor's $1/$2 no-limit.

This is ultra-aggressive money management with an obscenely high risk of ruin. But hey, it's only 365 days till my next birthday.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Well, Happy Birthday then and good luck at the tables.

lightning36 said...

I hope you had a great birthday! And ... you can count on me to contribute $2.37 to bring the sockless roll up to $50. Why? Because that's just the kind of guy I am.

Mr Subliminal said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. Also, while appreciated, there is no need for the $2.37 contribution as I have already surpassed the $50 mark today, and am currently at $65.63.

Lester said...

Like they have always said it is always hardest to grow your roll to that first hundred bucks. But each hundred dollar uptick that follows is much, much easier...